The following is a list of our admissions criteria and the method of measuring each qualification.
Academically, we require that our students have:
- 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale during their last year of school.
- Minimal math readiness for Algebra 1.
- Basic competency as demonstrated by their ability to write their application essay.
- A composite score of at least the 50th percentile on a nationally standardized test.
Spiritually, we expect our students to:
- Have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ or at least be open to the idea.
- Relate to other students and staff in a manner consistent with Christian practices.
Attitudinally, we think our students should:
- Want to be at Covenant.
- Demonstrate a cooperative spirit.
- Take their educational responsibilities seriously.
Timeline and Process
Students must first apply, be interviewed and then accepted before enrolling for classes.
Applications may be submitted beginning October 15 and individual interviews will be scheduled beginning January 15.
If you are interested in finding out more about the school, we encourage you to take the following steps:
- Call the school office at 390-0202 to schedule a tour and information meeting with Ryan Threlkeld, Dean of Students.
- Have your student shadow with us for a day to get valuable, firsthand experience of the school.
- Complete an application during the application period (beginning October 15 through May). Application processing fees incrementally increase as the application period progresses.
- Once the application is complete and has been received, Mr. Threlkeld will contact your family to schedule an interview with you and your student. Individual interviews will be scheduled beginning January 15. Notification of acceptance is usually given at the close of this interview.
CCHS has adopted an open enrollment policy*, welcoming all students and families who are open to the Christian faith, but not requiring a membership in any denomination or church. Nor do we require that the student is able to articulate a full understanding of his faith. All interested families should complete the application process and meet with the Dean of Students for an interview to be considered for acceptance to the school.
* Covenant welcomes students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally made available to students at Covenant. The school does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admission policies.